Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Enemy of Existence

(First Published on Facebook in my notes...)

Reality ...
ah, how wonderful it is at times,
Seeing birds fly on the horizon as the sun shines on the water's surface.
and how cruel it is too,
when you feel you have no friends in such a big city or when the girl you genuinely feel something special for, feels otherwise...

Much time have I spent in thinking of how relations are made and how good friends become good friends...
I arrive to some conclusions which I feel suitable enough to share ...

This is the way I write when I'm thinking, so if your finding this boring, browse away now, don't say you weren't warned.

So my closest pals are Ujjwal and Azman, but what makes them so? It is a combination of our growing up together in a similar environment, mutual agreements and dis-agreements, sharing of laughes, sharing of ideas, dreams, hopes and experiences. Then again this happens with a lot of people then why speciafically UJ and AZ?
Familiarity perhaps.

Whenever we meet, we greet each other with 'KAISA HAI KAMINEY!' or 'SAALE KUTTEY! ITNE DIN BAAD YAAD KAR RAHA HAI!' whereas when were with other people n e one who uses this kind of language is considered all wrong and what not ...

U knw, I once heard that Buddha said that the root of all sorrow in life is desire ... now I've begun to understand what that means ... Becoz of my spectacular friendship with these two wonderful fellow, the standard of friendships that I have been exposed to are well (I feel) considerably very high. Now when I start afresh with other people and don't feel a click, the effort involved in giving each other time to form a bond is almost instantaneously lost.

But growing up too takes its toll on you. Friendships also differ in standard.

Makes u wonder ...

Now, take Ambika Kaushik, (I mention u her coz well, u n me were just conversin on chat so ya random u can say but thats ur luck sweetheart ...)
wat is my relation with her ? nothing much ... were two people who well, live in the same community, know each other, have no animosity against each other, were cool...
So, is she a friend, I think its safe to say yes. Do we hang out? No, So tell me, what kind of a friend is she?
One whom I wish on Diwali, Christmas, birthdays n thats it? One whom I can Drive down to Shimla with eat Kebabs and come back njoying crazy amount of thrill as we do it? evidently the first kind...

Most of the names in my phonebook come under this category ...
Nimisha, Eshita, Bhavya Narang, Guha rey.., Gaurav, Irshika, Kartik, Rakshak, Rudy, Tanvi, Manisha, Saurabh, Mrinal, Nil, Prateek, Pritish, Renu, Ruterjeet, Ruchika, Shashank, Mridula, Rohini, Shreya agarwal, Siddhart Kale, Sidharth Gandhi, Sumer Sandhu, Adhiraj Mehra (well, maybe he's quite better coz he's a columban ;) nahi, but generally also u rok dude..), Tisha Relia, Vlad ...
Then there are school batchmates, and well a few others..
Maybe the Debsoc people are well, a little more um, better friends than just that but a very thin line amongst it all...

So what's stopping me from making her (back to Amby Kaushik) an awesome friend like UJ or AZ? why can't she be sm1 whom I call at n e time of the day and say 'WAZZZZZUP!!!' and not have to think twice before I call ... ?

What is it? Is it my nature as a city boy? Is it my ego that prevents me from making that extra effort? is it my laziness ? or am I genuinely crazy?

I want to know, becoz I want to be better. I want awesome friends, and i'm willing to go that extra mile to get em, but I don't want em in a way where I bribe my way to get them. I want to establish bonds that stand the lengths of time, not links that are as brittle as glass.

If desire truly is the reason to sorrow, does it mean u should stop desiring and just give up and meditate to attain inner peace and enlightenment?
Bullshit ...
I believe u should try harder to achieve what u want and keep trying untill it comes ur way. Unfortunately, u can't force sm1 to be a friend.

Maybe I've spent this hour writing this note as a complete waste.
Maybe this enigma will never find an answer...

I genuinely have respect for some people, like Jason lal,, why? Becoz he did smtng I don't knw n e else has done in my lifetime. He united us. He made 12-B the bunch of Bastards that we always wanted to be but din't have the guts to be... He along with the others made my 12th and 11h memorable in many ways. Then later Victor, Ranu, Anshul, Rijul, Nitish all joined the party. uske baad to saale Jithin jaise log bhi sudharey hua bhi kamineey baan gaye but wat fun it was!
Then came the Mount Abu Trip which was like Yeah baby! Light my fire ;)

Tariq, Rohan and Addi have been good friends too. Rohan has maintained his touch and I like the fatman for who he is, ok, so i don't see him as much, but hey, were still good pals.
(Plus, with the kind of antics I do, I'm gonna need him someday... KOi na koi to mujhe sue karega hee..)

Then there's people like Nalini and Bhavya (Palliwal) who always show excitement when I meet them and I love their nature as people too but in friendships like those I feel i'm at fault for not stretching out my hand, and that's y they just remain well... acquaintances.

I feel like this abt Bhavya Narang too at times. She's very sweet.

Feelings come and go abt so many people man,...

(Fuck, Cold Coffee just got over... )

Feels kinda good writing all that down in some place where u guys can actually see it and know the truth. Hopefully u will read ur relevant bit.

If thoughts, feelings and desires truly are the 'Enemy of Existence', Boy am I screwed ... lol


No comments:

Post a Comment