Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Little Dandelion


Inspired by Audioslave's song 'Dandelion' 

There it lay, swaying politely under the sun,
Sinfree with glee, delicate like a flea,
Here I sit, writing this from London,
Happy to be here, but more so just happy to be! 

It's a quiet night with the road ahead lit up,
The silence is comforting, the cold is a fuck up,
Sometimes it's just nice to sit back and sip wine,
Especially when it's not mine ;) 

Yeah, I'll admit I drank your wine and ate your food,
Why do you think I'm in such a joyful mood !
Just like this little Dandelion I sway carefree,
Happy to be here; but more so just happy to be :) 

She sits in the garden lost in thought,
He rolls with his friends planning for cinema,
That one stands all alone, in his own world caught,
Oh did I tell you? My flatmate's name is Emeka. 

The romantic flavor of the air is fully engrossing and beautiful to be in,
The blowing wind freezes you from the outside but blesses you from within,
To ignore this magnificence and be lost in your problems is as much a sin!
As making a worthy horse purposely lose when you know he was born to win. 

Free verse ... Is such a boon, 
Can you imagine if I had to follow rules while writing this?
Rather than express myself freely, I'd be some disciplined goon,
I'd be adhering to grammar instead of being educated by bliss.

Its nice sometimes to just sit and feel,
like an Apple - complete, not like an Orange that needs to be pealed.
the song continues, the music makes you sway,
One can only sit back and wonder 'Ah! What a beautiful day!'

The food grows cold, the leaves grow still,
the berry mix is a beat, just like the movie 'Kill bill',
The blonde guitar, the perfunctory report,
the detailed analysis, the scared fort.

The endless story, the ring composition,
the disappointment in the longing eyes; The intermission.
the rolled up underwear, the sparkling sea,
I'm just happy to be here; just happy to be.

Beatbox thunder, drunk girls, pizza delivery and smoking,
abuses on your face disguised under the label of 'I was only joking!',
the never ending stench of responsibility, room freshner please!
Laundary, cooking, bank account, payment of fees!

This is a new way of living, unjust but free,
fuck it up - your fault, make it - your degree!
What you see is what you get; no hanky-panky,
I miss PACH yaar, and especially you Shanky!

We escape everyday to return to our reality,
I was once lost but now I'm profound, 
you have to accept your nature; cultivate humanity,
the automatic lights, the foxes at night, the leaf-blower mornings, 
accompanied by a plethora of unfamiliar sound.

The Water in a Smrinoff bottle, (the tap water mind you), 
the anti-bacterial spray, the 'You're holding the sponge wrong!' while cleaning the loo,
the unfamiliar plug points, the longing for home,
the fireworks on the wrong nights, the chanting of 'Aum'. 

The Dandelion still sways, 
yet the breeze is no more,
what a comfort it finds in just being,
while we all are still sore. 

'Teach me your wisdom!' I cried in admiration, 
'There is no wisdom' came the answer; 'Just unlearn everything you know!' 
So I sat with him a while shaking his hand,
Feeling so ... ? ... Feeling so. 

But I aint no Dandelion, I am human so I returned. 
Sharing my discovery with you, sharing what I learned. 
'Just be!' was his message, 'don't BE this or BE that!' 
such a simple message, such glee, such a pretty thing to look at.



No comments:

Post a Comment